Under the tutelage of our esteemed coaches, Rush athletes own several Conference and League records. Additionally, our track and field athletes are continually lauded for their academic excellence.
Terrell Stanley is the president and founder of Rush and assistant track coach at Chaminade High School. He was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley and was himself an athlete in the Valley Youth Conference (he ran for the Bears!) and played football locally at College of the Canyons. His 2003 COC team obtained a perfect regular season record, 10-0, the first in school history. Terrell has been coaching youth athletes for the last 15+ years and for track and field, currently holds 27 Valley Youth Conference records, including breaking the Conference record for the Sub-Gremlin Boys 4×100 meter relay with a time of 1:19.23 in 2018 – pretty impressive considering Rush has been in the conference for less than 10 years.
Terrell also has a track record (no pun intended) of success with athletes who continue to compete at the high school and collegiate level. Below is a representative sample of some of the continued achievements of Rush athletes:
- Tyler Asemota, UCLA (100m PR – 10.4, 200m PR – 21.53)
- Janiah Brown, Oaks Christian/Calabasas (800m PR – 2:13.37; 1600m PR – 5:11.20, holds the VYC Conference record for Midget Girls 800m at 2:22.39)
- Jordyn Cobb, Birmingham High School (60m PR – 7.72, 200m PR – 26.62)
- Madison Dietz, Notre Dame (100m PR – 12.76, 200m PR – 24.98, 400m PR 57.72)
- Jalen Fisher, Chaminade, will attend Brown University in fall 2019 (100m PR – 11.18, 200m PR – 24.02); in six weeks Jalen went from 12.10 to a PR of 11.18 at the CIF Mission League Finals
- Hailey Hunt, West Ranch High (100m PR – 12.09, 200m PR – 25.24, DMR 1200-400-800-1600m – 13:16.36)
- Patrick Ize-Iyamu, Chaminade; competed at the CIF State Meet in 2019 (100m PR – 10.69, 200m PR – 22.02, High Jump PR – 5’9″; holds 3 VYC records)
- Alladia Patterson, Yale (SP – 13.28m; in high school had the state’s 2nd best throw in 2017)
Our volunteer track & field coaches are comprised of about a dozen highly-decorated athletes in their track and field careers, and that excellence has carried over to their coaching. They dedicate countless hours to guiding and training our athletes and for that we thank them!