This weekend’s meet is an all-conference Invitational meet that will take place at Simi Valley High School located at 5400 Cochran St | Simi Valley, CA 93063. Here is a flyer regarding the two-day meet (Saturday and Sunday).
Sub-Gremlin, Gremlin, Bantam, Midget, and Youth can participate in a maximum of 2 individual events and 1 relay or 1 individual and 2 relays. Intermediates can participate in any 3 events. The cost to enter this meet is $5/athlete. Bibs with competitor numbers will be handed out once payment is received.
Use this link to pay the 2022 Invitational Fee: https://square.link/u/I348aQtV . Make sure to list your child/ren’s name in the memo field.
Please note that the order of events for this meet is different than our regular meets. Some key differences include:
- 100s are the 3rd event after the 3000 and hurdles and will be run on the front and backside of the track
- 4×1 relay is the 2nd to last event on Saturday
- the 100s and 4x1s are semi-finals on Saturday with the top 8 teams advancing to the finals on Sunday
- Sub-gremlin and Gremlin long jump is on Sunday
- The shot put and long jump are timed open pits.
- 3/16″ pyramid spikes are required. Each athlete’s spikes will be checked in staging for the correct size spikes.
- Athletes must come to the field “race-ready” warm-ups, tennis shoes, spike bags, etc will not be permitted on the field.
- No parents will be allowed on the field.
- Athletes need to be in staging by the first call otherwise they will not be permitted to run their race.
- Medals will be handed out to the top 3 finishers in each event.
Each team will be allowed to place up to 2 10×10 tents on the top row of the bleachers. We will provide a 10×20 tent for Rush athletes. After all teams have secured a spot, additional tents can be placed on a first come, first serve basis.
We will be responsible for the following each day:
- -2 people for Field Set up at 7:00 am on Saturday and 2 people for tear down on Sunday.
- -Long Jump Pit (4-6 volunteers throughout the day)