No practice today due to the rain! ☹
This weekend’s meet is slightly different than past meets. This is a 2-day championship-style meet where we run against all of the other clubs in the Valley Youth Conference. The meet will take place on Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd at Simi Valley High School.
Event Schedule Here: https://bit.ly/3K0Tntd
The schedule of events can be found here, but below are some important differences in the schedule:
- Subs/Gremlins, Bantams, Midgets and Youth athletes can do a maximum of 2 individual events and 1 relay or 1 individual event and 2 relays. Intermediate athletes can do a maximum of any 3 events.
- 100m and 4×1 relay semi-finals take place on Saturday. If your child makes the top 9 overall, they will compete in the finals on Sunday.
- 400s for all divisions will be on Sunday.
- We will be running 4x4s that take place on Sunday
If you know that your child is unable to attend any or all of this meet, please let me know by Wednesday. By Thursday, we should know what your child is participating in.
The cost for each child is $10, which needs to be paid by Friday. On Saturday, event bibs will be handed out to each athlete which they will need for both days.
At this meet, all athletes placing from 1-9 will receive a medal and recognition on the awards podium.
We need the following volunteer support for this meet. Please help out if you can, otherwise as a club we are fined $100 for each area where we fail to contribute.
- 15 gallons of water (the 2.5 gallon bottles work best) labeled with RUSH
- 300 3oz cups (Amazon or Smart & Final)
- Gate monitor on Saturday from 4-6 pm (won’t be needed if the meet is over prior to 4 pm)
- 2 volunteers for set up on Saturday and Sunday to arrive by 6:45 am
- 2 volunteers for tear down on Saturday and Sunday after the meet is over
- 2 volunteers for hurdle crew (setting up and then removing the hurdles after the event)
- 2 volunteers for the high jump pit (in addition to Coach Fernando)
- Backside 100 meter staging
Each volunteer will receive a badge to allow them to be on the field during their assigned task.
Due to space limitations, as a club we are only allowed 2 team tents total in the stands on the top row only; one on the south side stands and one on the north side stands.
Please know that this is the only time we will get the opportunity to run against all of the clubs in the conference. We would like a great turnout to showcase the hard work we have been putting in all season.
I know this information can seem overwhelming so please feel free to ask me any questions.
3 thoughts on “2023 ValleY Youth conference invitational”
Thanks Adreena. I can provide cups & help with the 100 Meter staging.
Great, thank you!
Hey Adrenna, we will bring water.